Song-Writers In The Round was established to recognize, promote, and honor the "creators of song", whether they are recording artists who write some or all of their hit songs, or the full-time professional song poets who write the hits for the full-time recording artists. The Company's "Legends & Lyrics" television series is the predominant force that will expose this high art profession internationally.
About Legends & Lyrics
SWITR LLC’s “Legends & Lyrics” is a unique musical performance series, which is driven by famous recording artists of all genres who write many of their own hit songs, blended with professional hit song poets, who write hit songs for the star recording artists. “Legends & Lyrics” is distributed and presented by American Public Television and appears on PBS stations nationwide (check local listings).
Each weekly show includes the following segments:
“Legends & Lyrics” was shot in an intimate classical performance hall in HD and Surround Sound.
- Recording Artists and Song Poets telling the story of the creation of the song and then performing their greatest hit songs and new releases.
- “Out of the Box” interviews with each artist/song poet.
- “Did You Know? Historical Facts” addressing the ancient origins and interesting facts about today’s commercial music.
- “Legendary Recording Artist” or “Legendary Song Poets” interviews with those of “Legend” status.
- “Rising Stars” featuring undiscovered recording artist/song poets.
- “Tips of the Week” for aspiring song poets.
“Legends & Lyrics” was shot in an intimate classical performance hall in HD 1080p and Surround Sound. It is a “High Art” TV series that honors the true creators of the most popular genres of commercial music, while appealing to a vast range of viewing audiences. All performers are honored as diligent composers who quietly create the great songs that drive the music industry worldwide.
To date we have shot eighteen episodes, which include the following artists:
- Melissa Manchester, Josh Kelley, Felix Cavaliere (Young Rascals), Damien Horne
- Guy Clark, Roger McGuinn (The Byrds), Glen Philips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Jessica Rae
- Dwight Yoakam, Gavin DeGraw, Amy Lee (Evanescence), The Duhks
- Lamont Dozier, Barry Mann, Marc Cohn, Dan Dyer
- Robert Cray, Keb Mo, Tony Joe White, Brittini Black
- Darryl Worley, Billy Joe Shaver, Pat Green, Drew Holcomb
- Justin Hayward (Moody Blues), Matt Scannell (Vertical Horizon), Richie McDonald (Lonestar), Andrew Ripp
- Mark Farner (Grand Funk RR), Kevin Griffin (Better Than Ezra), Monty Powell, Ian McGlynn
- Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Art Alexakis (Everclear), John Waite (Bad English), Dana Parrish
- Mac Davis, David Pack (Ambrosia), Peter Yarrow (Peter, Paul & Mary), Sam & Ruby
- Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx, and 3 Doors Down
- Kris Kristofferson, Patty Griffin, and Randy Owen
- Charlie Daniels, Phil Vassar, and Jimmy Webb
- Michael Martin Murphey, Pam Tillis, and Ron Sexsmith
- Shawn Colvin, John Hiatt, and Jessi Colter
- Susan Tedeschi, Kip Winger, and James Slater
- Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer, Mindy Smith, and Regie Hamm
- Ed Bruce, Gordon Kennedy, and Angela Kaset
We have also shot legendary interviews on Garth Brooks, Loretta Lynn, Glen Ballard, Diane Warren, Jeffrey Steele, and Gary Burr.